Recently, almost every department store have been being started a series of on-sale activities. Attracting thousands of customers went shopping as blind bees. That’s true because my sister and I were also the members of them. Last weekend, we went to Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store. We seemed to be possessed as stepping into the department. We saw a lot of crazy women including us buying cosmetics and other stuffs without second consideration, because the price was so alluring that we can’t but buy them. Especially, my sister, a crazy shopper, paid the bill by credit card not only without second thought but also without a blink. Thanks to my reason, I was not out of control.
I think that executives of department store were really full use of people’s shopping habit and well-understand customer’s purchasing psychology and weakness. I observe that arrangement of floor setting is highly related to genders’ consuming habit and customer’s purchasing power and willingness. They know that the majority of consumers are women, so most of the department store put the cosmetics and high-heel shoes at first-floor and these two things are the most popular types in woman’s buying list. Next, most of the department store put the teenager’s fashionable clothes at second floor, and they aim at the young girls’ clothes.The third floor is still woman’s cloth, but the age group aims at mature and elegant ladies. From this phenomenon, I found that the front office of department store never depreciate the buying ability of women. Nevertheless, women seldom make these on-sale strategies disappointed. We often use our shopping talent to prove that their shopping philosophy is correct; otherwise, there isn't a sea of people crowding into department store to rush for buying the specials.
1 則留言:
I agree with you. We know the promotion is an on-sale strategy of department store, but we still can't help keep purchasing and be willing to fall in the merchandising trap. By the way, I appreciate your observation of arrangement of floor setting.
Some people told me that even the arrangement of escalators and elevators are a part of their strategies, too. It seems that a department store is a good place for us to do purchasing psychological research. ^^
張貼留言