2007年11月15日 星期四

college life so far

Composition teacher asked me that did you feel blue or uncomfortable when you entered college. His question made me conjure up the first sight I got to NCHU. Although that was not an unpleasant memory, it impressed me a lot. I would never forget the first day I came to NCHU and the first sight I saw when I arrived the dormitory.

At that day, I came to the door of my room, then knocking on the door. The girl who opened the door for me was a Thai girl with a fair skin and delicate facial features. When I got into the room, I saw another roommate of mine tumbling on the bed. She is a Turkish girl with blond hair, white skin, and deep facial features. Two of them welcomed me with a broad smile, and I felt warm. Though at first I didn’t know why my roommates were foreigners, I got well along with them soon. We all knew that there must be cultural difference between nations, such as religion. My Turkish roommate wondered why I had no religious belief. She asked me how I could lead a life without any faith. For me, I led my life with a faith of positive attitude. For her, she kept going her life with a faith of praying to God, and praying gave her strength and courage to face the ups and downs of life.

Through a year of getting on with my roommates, I learned that how to respect difference among people whatever your nation, belief, and background. I cannot expect that every person I encounter will completely have the similar sense of value of mine. It’s a great experience for me to appreciate and get used to the difference. College life is hilarious and colorful so far because I have many chances to meet a variety of people from all over the place.

沒有留言: