2008年3月28日 星期五

The most unforgettable day in NCHU

I will never forget the first day I came to NCHU, and the first sight I saw when I arrived in the dorm room. When I opened the door of the dorm, I saw a gorgeous girl who seems like a mix blood with fair skin and delicate facial features. But as soon as she uttered the first word, I realized that one of my roommates was definitely a foreigner, a Thai girl. I was shocked and stunned as figuring out this situation for the reason that it was the first time of me to live in the dorm even to live with a foreigner. That was not enough to depict my astonishment.

The following scene that I saw when I entered the room would be another shock was far more stunning than that of the former one. While I took my package into my own place, I could feel that there was another female lying on the bed tumbling. Therefore, I am scared to bother her fond dream. I moved my stuff lightly, afraid of making too much noise to break the harmony of the whole room. Obviously, I failed. Another female waked up. Soon I figured out that female seems totally and completely different with my expected image of another roommate. She had blond hair and azure eyes (maybe green, orange, or brown eyes. We called them mix-colored eyes after our discussion about this topic.)

A questioning and uncertain feeling conjured up in my mind after I first encountered this strange situation. I asked myself, “Am I in Taiwan? Am I in Taichung? Am I in NCHU? Why are my roommates foreigners? Is it possible that I am a DFLL student?” No answer really. However, the later days of getting along with them were the most unforgettable moment of my dormitory life without any question.
The Thai girl with fair skin and delicate facial features taught me how to cook Thai cuisine. The other Turkish girl with mix-colored eyes let me know what the Turkish humor is. She always insisted her own opinion and suggestion; however, she pretended that she didn’t insist and would respect your own decision. On the contrary, she might keep on using another reason to persuade you to follow her so that she could attain her goal. Strangely, I don’t detest this way of indirect communication at all. She is so humorous and glamorous that I can’t reject her arbitrary suggestion and roundabout words.

I’m very glad to have that day to lead me into this global room. They teach me how to tolerate the cultural difference and appreciate it despite of the point that they just stayed here not a very long time But I think a good relationship is nothing to do with the length of time but the process of going through. Even now they have gone back to their countries, and I still miss them sometimes and recall the days we’re through.

1 則留言:

emmachang 提到...

Good for you! I believe that the life in the dorm must be unforgettable and meaningful for you. You must have had a great time with each other. It is just like a small size of global village. Next time, maybe you can tell me more about humor of other country's people. I'd love to know about it. Nice sharing!