2007年12月6日 星期四

Acting Is Not Easy

This semester I joined the act play of our grade. We have spent a lot of time practicing the line and the movement. During this time, I found that acting a character not only acts well your own character but also collaborates well with your partners. Thus, the complete show will be a perfect performance.

When we were practicing, every step and movement should be very smooth; otherwise, it would look awkward and unnatural. Although we all know that we are acting, we get full involved in the characters’ personality. As long as we can persuade ourselves into the fact that we are the character we act, we are able to persuade others into the atmosphere that we make up. Because of it, we can be any character we want to be.

Through the acting, I also found that we not only focus on our own character but also notice other actor’s personalities. Such being the case, I can perform my character more natural for a play is not a monologue. Through the observation of others’ playing, I also know why the character I play has such a reaction. Therefore, I understand how to make a respond to my partners naturally and smoothly. After practicing and practicing, I can get the feel of the character I act.

Besides, if there are many actors on the stage on the same time, and some of them are without lines, it is the hardest part for them to act on the stage. Because they don’t have any line, they can just use their body language to communicate their feeling with the audiences. I think that it is the most difficult part for me to play, yet it is the most challenging part for me to act as well.

Above all, acting is not really simple as I think before. Acting well a character is not merely playing well your own character, too. It is a team work. Finally, I hope that the day we play to the whole department will be a perfect performance.

沒有留言: